Team Kids Program
What is TEAM Kids?
- The TEAM Kids program allows patrol officers to visit elementary schools with 6 weekly visits to build positive relationships between the police, students, staff and parents. The primary goal of the program is to support crime prevention and youth safety with an emphasis on gang prevention education.
- Based on the department’s Challenges and Choices program, the curriculum development team found that a classroom size group is most effective to teach a lesson plan. Each class visit is suggested to be 45-60 minutes, once a week, for at least six weeks. Crime Prevention Specialists also support the program and often help facilitate classroom learning.
- The senior grade students at the school are the target audience as they are often looked upon as leaders in the school. However, based on the needs of the school, younger students may also be an appropriate audience. Enlisting the groups buy-in to set a gang prevention climate can have positive ripple effects upon other students.
- Five Core Lessons are designed to build upon one another and include:
- Zero Tolerance
- Choices and Consequences
- Peer Pressure
- Bullying & Harassment Prevention
- Gang Prevention
What are teachers and principals saying about the course?
Are you an interested teacher or school principal? Click Here to fill out an interest form to request more information and learn how you can introduce the TEAM Kids program in your school.