Accredited College Credits
The City of San Jose defines “accredited college or university” as an institution of higher learning in the United States which is listed in the most recent edition of “Accredited Institutions of Post Secondary Education” published by the American Council on Education for the Council on Post Secondary Accreditation (ACECPSA). Credits earned from colleges, universities and institutions listed in the book, “Accredited Institutions of Post Secondary Education” can be used to meet the education requirement.
- Educational institutions outside of the United States and its territories are not credited by the ACECPSA. College course credits and degrees at institutions outside the United States and its territories must be translated (if necessary) and evaluated before they will be accepted to meet minimum qualifications for the City of San Jose classifications.
- If a job applicant has transcripts showing college credits earned outside the United States and wishes to use them to meet
the position’s job requirements for a classification that is currently open for recruitment and testing, the Human Resources
Department (HRD) requires that:
- The educational background be evaluated/accredited at one of the credentialing services listed below, or;
- The educational background be translated/evaluated at any United States college or university which provides translation and credit evaluation services;
- Applicants who do not provide verification of accreditation from a credentialing agency or institution will not be qualified for a position requiring a college degree or credits;
- The verification of accreditation results can be submitted by the final filing date of job application, or, on or before the last day of the application-disqualification appeals-period.
The completion of the credentialing process can take several weeks. Job applicants are encouraged to contact an agency or institution as early as possible.
|International Institute of California
3550 Stevens Creek Boulevard, Suite 310
San Jose, CA 95117
|International Evaluation Service Center
Center for Applied Research, Evaluation & Education, Inc.
P.O. Box 18358
Anaheim, CA 92817
|International Consultants of Delaware
Global Credentials Evaluation Services
P.O. Box 8629
Philadelphia, PA 19101-8629
(215) 222-8454 ext. 603
|Education Evaluators International
11 South Angell Street #348
Providence, RI 02906
- This is only an application-information provided by the Human Resources Department of City of the San Jose for the purpose of assisting City of San Jose job applicants and facilitating their recruitment process. This does not constitute any form of business endorsements.