How to Prepare for Testing
Preparing for the testing process ensures higher levels of success.
- Those who meet the minimum qualifications may attend the San Jose PD Recruiting Unit Pretest Seminar. This is a three hour overview presentation on the testing process with emphasis on the Oral Board Exam.
Class participation will be highly encouraged. This is a first come, first serve optional seminar that is free to attend. A valid U.S. drivers license or military identification and pre-registration is needed for admittance.
To register: www.sjpdpretestseminar.eventbrite.com
- Read through the San Jose Police Department website www.sjpd.org and this web site (JoinSJPDBlue.com) as well as the City of San Jose website www.sanjoseca.gov and find out more information about us.
- Understand the general duties of a police officer and the career paths San Jose PD has to offer. Police Officer Duties and Career Paths
- Ride-a-long information: www.sjpd.org/JoinSJPDBlue/RideALong.html Ride-a-longs with other police departments are encouraged as well.
The following is available at South Bay Regional Public Safety Training Consortium.
- Download a California P.O.S.T. practice written exam http://lib.post.ca.gov/Publications/poWrittenPracticeTest.pdf
- Practice the physical agility test http://www.theacademy.ca.gov/
- Register and take the “Law Enforcement Pre-Employment Prep Course” at http://www.theacademy.ca.gov/