Reporting Homeless Encampments or Vagrancy

Image of a Homeless word cloud

Illegal encampment clean up operations will be coordinated by the agency of jurisdiction:

  • City of San Jose Homeless Helpline (homeless encampments along City creeks)
    (408) 510-7600
  • Santa Clara Valley Water District (creek areas) Water Shed hotline
    (408) 265-2600 x2378
  • Cal Trans (overpasses / underpasses / freeways) (408) 436-0930
  • Union Pacific Railroad Property (near rail road tracks)
    (888) 877-7267
  • Private Property (contact the owner)

For more information on how to report a concern for a homeless individual or homeless encampment in San Jose please check out the City web page entitled Ending Homelessness.



The City of San José is committed to open and honest government and strives to consistently meet the community's expectations by
providing excellent service, in a positive and timely manner, and in the full view of the public. Read more about the City Code of Ethics.